With face-to-face classes now in full swing, students are back on the road facing commuting struggles. And while there are different public utility vehicles offering free rides and discounted fares for commuters, ride-hailing apps Grab and Angkas are also offering special discounts to some passengers.
ICYDK, commuters such as students, persons with disabilities (PWDs), national athletes/coaches, and senior citizens can get 20% off on their Grab rides (sedan, six-seater, and premium). All you need is an account on the app and an application for the discount.
For your application, you will need the following:
- Senior Citizen - Senior Citizen ID or valid government ID with your birthdate
- PWD - front and back image of your PWD ID and a valid government ID
- Students (Primary to Collegiate) - valid student/school ID and current school registration form with the current academic year
- National Athlete/Coach - Philippine Sports Commission-issued ID and valid government ID
Unfortunately, post-graduate students (those taking up Masters and PhDs) cannot avail of the special discount.
If you fall under the eligible individuals, open the Grab app and go to Help Centre.
- Type in "apply for special discount" in the search bar.
- Scroll down and tap on Email Us.
- Select which category you fall under "I am..."
- Fill in the necessary information.
- Upload photos of the required documents and submit.
Afterward, wait for an email from Grab to see if your application has been approved.
Requirements are the same, you'll need to upload a photo of your senior/PWD/student ID and registration form (for students). Those taking up medicine, law, master's, and doctorate cannot avail of the student discount.
Once you've filled up the form, wait for a confirmation text from Angkas.