Actress Dolly De Leon was among the recipients of the National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA)'s Ani ng Dangal award, for making waves in the international film industry with her breakout role in Triangle of Sadness.
De Leon has earned her over 15 international nods, including the 80th Golden Globe Awards, 48th Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards, and The Satellite Awards 2022 for her role as Abigail, a toilet cleaner turned captain of the ship for the uberwealthy.
Another notable Ani ng Dangal recipient is actor-host Billy Crawford, who emerged as winner of the Danse avec les Stars, the French edition of the American reality television show Dancing with the Stars.
The NCCA said in a release that Ani ng Dangal celebrates Filipino talent who have earned the highest awards on an international scale. It's also the highlight and concluding rite of the National Arts Month.
Here's the list of winners across several categories.
Architecture and Allied Arts
- Atelier Almario, The Penthouse, Best Residential Interior Apartment at the Asia Pacific Property Awards in the United Kingdom in April 2022;
- Chat Fores Design Studio, The Galleon Residences Showroom, Best Residential Show Home at the Asia Pacific Region for the International Property Awards in 2021;
- Jorge Yulo Architects & Associates, Equilateral House, winner for Innovative Architecture at the Iconic Awards in Germany in 2022; and
- WTA Architecture and Design Studio, Batangas Forest City, Best of the Best for Innovative Architecture (Master Planning Category) at the Iconic Awards in 2022.
- Ramona Diaz, director of A Thousand Cuts, Outstanding Social Issue Documentary at the 43rd News and Documentary Emmy Awards in September 2022.
- Jeric Gonzales, Best Actor for Broken Blooms at the Harlem International Film Festival in New York in 2022;
- Dolly De Leon, Best Supporting Performer for Triangle of Sadness at the Los Angeles Films Critics Association Awards in 2022;
- Elvin Jay Macanlalay, director of Di N’yo Ba Naririnig, Golden Kinabalu Award for Best Documentary at the 13th Kota Kinabalu International Film Festival in Malaysia in 2022;
- Elvert Bañares, director of The Flight of Banog, Golden Kinabalu Award for Best Indigenous Language Film at the 13th Kota Kinabalu International Film Festival in Malaysia in 2022;
- Geraldo B. Jumawan, Best Actor (Short Film) for The Glance at the 10th LakeCity International Film Festival in India in 2022;
- Zig Dulay, director of Black Rainbow, Best Short Film at the LUCAS International Festival for Young Film Lovers in Frankfurt, Germany in 2022;
- Joaquin Domagoso, Best Actor for That Boy in the Dark at the Toronto Film and Script Awards (16th edition) in Toronto, Canada in 2022;
- Don Josephus Raphael Eblahan, director of The Headhunter's Daughter, Grand Jury Prize for Short Film at the Sundance Film Festival in 2022;
- Maria Estela Paiso, director of It's Raining Frogs Outside, International Award at the Leiden Shorts International Competition in Leiden, Netherlands in 2022;
- Keith Deligero, director of Days of the New, International Competition Grand Prix at the 20th Tabor Film Festival in Croatia in 2022; and
- Martika Escobar, director of Leonor Will Never Die, World Cinema Dramatic Special Jury Award at the Sundance Film Festival in 2022.
- Billy Crawford, winner at the Danse avec les stars (Dancing with the Stars) in France in November 2022;
- Electro Groovers, International Champion (Varsity Division) at the World Supremacy Battlegrounds in Australia in 2022;
- Halili-Cruz School of Ballet, 1st Place for Stage to Screen at the Asia Pacific Dance Competition in Singapore in January 2021; and
- Bayanihan (Philippines’ National Folk Dance Company), Grand Prize at the Cheonan World Dance Festival in Korea in September 2022.
- Ryle Nicole Custodio, Grand Prize for Tagu-Taguan at the Busan Choral Competition in Busan, Korea in 2021;
- Darwin J. Lomentigar, First Place for Amateur Solo Vocal Classical Competition at the 10th Jean Sibelius International Solo Vocal Competition;
- Rafael Adobas Bayog, First Prize at the 10th Kobe International Flute Competition in Japan in March 2022;
- Ily Matthew Maniano, First Prize Composition Winner for Amihan at the Busan Choral Festival & Competition in South Korea in October 2022;
- Theodore Julius Chua Tan, First Place Winner in Judges’ Best Performance Award for Junior Category Ages 9-12 – Violin at the Vienna Virtuoso Music Competition in 2022;
- Adrik Cristobal, First Prize Open Category at the Thailand International Guitar Competition in Thailand in 2022;
- Jeanne Rafaella Marquez, First Prize in Aaron Rosand Memorial Award Advanced (16-18) Category at the New York Young Performers Prize Competition in New York in 2022;
- Far Eastern University Chorale, First Prize in Mixed Choir Competition at the Andrea O. Veneracion International Choir Festival in 2020;
- Michael Valenciano, First Prize in Lucy Boyan Balakian Award College (19-23) Category at the New York Young Performers Prize Competition in New York in 2022; and
- Danikka Louise Dy, Grand Prize in Voice Competition, Advanced (Highly Competitive) (Junior Category, 13-14 years old) at the Rocky Mountain Music Competition Spring Season 2022.
- Albert Emir B. Reyes, Grand Prize Winner for “Bustling Little Town” at the 23rd International High School Arts Festival in Tokyo, Japan;
- Mariah Karla B. Zamora, National Award Winner at the Sony World Photography Awards in London in February 2022; and
- Froiland Rivera, First Prize for “Online Learning” at the APEC (Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation) Photo Contest in 2021.