Is it your dream to pursue graduate studies in South Korea? We’ve come across a scholarship opportunity you wouldn’t want to miss.
In case you didn’t know, the Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) has a scholarship program “designed to train key leaders in partner countries to contribute to the socio-economic development of their home countries.” This year, they are offering 24 master’s programs and two doctorate programs under the initiative.
Included in the scholarship benefits are tuition fee, monthly allowance, airfare, accommodation, settlement allowance, scholarship competition grants, insurance, and even extracurricular activities.
Those who are looking to apply for a KOICA scholarship for their master’s must meet the following qualifications:
- Citizen of a partner country, officially recommended by the country’s government
- Holder of a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution
- Public official or publicly affiliated worker
- Meets the university’s selection criteria
Individuals who are hoping to pursue a doctorate program with KOICA must meet the aforementioned selection criteria. They should also be master’s degree holders of its scholarship programs.
Here are the universities and their respective programs under KOICA’s offering:
- Korea Development Institute School (Economic Development Policy for Sustainable and Inclusive Growth)
- Ewha Woman’s University (Gender Leadership)
- Pukyong National University (Fisheries Science)
- KAIST (Social Economy)
- Handong Global University (Techno-Entrepreneurship Competency Based on ICT Convergence)
- Incheon National University (Response to Climate Change)
- Korea National University of Education (Global Education Leadership)
- Hanyang University (Digital Innovation)
- Seoul National University (Capacity Building for SDGs)
- Yonsei University (Control of Infectious Disease)
- Ajou University (Civil Society Leadership)
- Soongsil University (Digital Transformation Technology)
The deadline for applications for the 2023 KOICA Scholarship Program is on March 20. You may know more about it and apply here.