Disney's streaming platform, Disney+ (Disney Plus) is finally arriving in the Philippines this Nov. 17!
Almost three years since its release in 2019, the country will finally get the chance for an all-access subscription to all available titles of Disney+ Originals, Pixar, and more.
"Through Disney+, we are opening new doors of entertainment to everyone with our heritage of unparalleled storytelling, creative excellence and cutting-edge content delivery." said The Walt Disney Company Southeast Asia's David Shin.
"We are excited that consumers in the Philippines can soon connect with their beloved characters and brands and enjoy access to some of the world’s most original and iconic stories, told by the world’s most talented creators."
Here's what you need to know so far about the highly-anticipated debut of Disney+ PH.
How much will it be?
Disney+ Philippine subscriptions are available in two modes: Mobile and Premium. The expanded line-up of plans will offer viewers flexibility with different subscription options to suit their needs including:
- Mobile Plan: P159 monthly or P1,150 annually
- Premium Plan: P369 monthly or P2,950 annually
Mobile subscriptions allow 1 screen usage at P159/ month and P1,150 / year. You can also only watch their titles via phone and tablet.
Meanwhile, the Premium profile allows up to four screens concurrent streaming and up to 4k Ultra HD video quality. The titles can be played via phone, tablet, laptop, and Smart TV.
Both plans allow up to seven profiles and access to their available titles.
What are the shows and movies I can watch on Disney+?
Disney+ is the home streaming service of Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and Star.
Starting November 17, subscribers will be able to unlock the ever-growing content on Disney+ including:
- Disney+ Originals and exclusives like Marvel Studios’ WandaVision, She-Hulk: Attorney at Law, Moon Knight, and Loki; Lucasfilm’s The Mandalorian, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Andor; Hocus Pocus 2 and the upcoming Willow and Disenchanted.
- Korean content such as Big Mouth, Snowdrop, BTS: PERMISSION TO DANCE ON STAGE - LA, IN THE SOOP: Friendcation, Soundtrack #1, and Doctor Lawyer.
- Blockbuster films from Marvel Studios including Avengers: Endgame, Avengers: Infinity War, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Black Panther, Thor: Love and Thunder, and the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special
- All 12 Star Wars movies including Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Star Wars: The Last Jedi and Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
- Access to iconic Walt Disney Animation Studios’ movies including Encanto, the live action reimagining of Pinocchio, as well as animated classics including Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Frozen, Mulan, Raya and the Last Dragon, The Lion King, Zootopia and more.
- Heartwarming and powerful storytelling from Disney and Pixar, including Lightyear, Turning Red, Soul, Luca, Coco, and more.
- Documentaries and specials from National Geographic including Gordon Ramsay: Uncharted, Limitless with Chris Hemsworth, Running Wild with Bear Grylls, and more.
- A specially curated Star content selection including Grey’s Anatomy, Dopesick, NCIS, and reality TV hits The Kardashians and more.
- Other movies from franchises including the X-Men, Predator, Night at the Museum, Home Alone, and animated series like The Simpsons and Family Guy.
- Premium live events and video-on-demand from World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE).
- The newest season of Emmy award-winning singing competition series, The Voice.
As of writing, the platform's top titles are She-Hulk: Attorney at Law, BTS: Permission to Dance, Turning Red, and Obi-Wan Kenobi.