Heads up, filmmakers!
QCinema, the official film festival of Quezon City, is offering six production grants worth P350,000.
In a Facebook post on Monday, Jan. 23, QCinema called for entries for QCSHORTS 2023 and listed down the requirements for applicants:
- Logline (optional)
- Short synopsis (maximum of three paragraphs)
- Long synopsis (maximum one-page concept treatment)
- Full script (standard screenwriting format)
- Director's statement
- Director's profile
- Producer's brief profile (and optional statement)
- Sample works
- Proposed cast and crew
- Line item budget (pre-production, actual production, and postproduction costs)
- Timeline of Production (in .pdf file)
Submission of entries will be closed on Feb. 28 at 5:00 p.m.
"Rights to the final film output belong to the filmmaker proponent, but QCinema reserves the right to screen it for the duration of #QCinema2023 and selected events after the festival screening (with prior notice to the proponent)," QCinema noted.
QCinema 2022 took place last Nov. 17 to 26, featuring 58 films that included that edition's six short film production grantees, as well as seven sections of full-length films and three short programs.
It returned to a full in-person event after a two-year hiatus due to COVID-19. This year's theme was "In10City."