The Department of Health (DOH) today, Aug. 13, said all areas in Metro Manila are classified either as “high or critical risk” for COVID-19.
The DOH said the National Capital Region recorded 52% higher cases than last week.
“Cases in the recent seven days have exceeded the previous seven days by 933 cases,” DOH Usec. Maria Rosario Vergeire noted.
The intensive care unit beds in NCR have reached 60% utilization, isolation beds are 60% utilized while 9 out of 17 intensive care units in Metro Manila are 70 percent full, the DOH reported.
The Health Department also said NCR has a two-week positivity rate and categorized Navotas and Pateros as critical risk areas as hospital beds in both have reached their full capacities.
In the report, DOH classified 11 areas in Metro Manila as alert level 4, which means they moderate- to critical risk with healthcare utilization rate higher than 70%.
“Of all the 17 areas of NCR, 11 are classified as alert level 4. These are Navotas, Pateros, Malabon, Valenzuela, Marikina, Taguig, Quezon City, Makati, San Juan, Muntinlupa, and Las Piñas,” the DOH added.
On Aug. 13, the DOH recorded 13,177 new cases of COVID-19, the second-highest recorded cases since the pandemic hit the country. The highest was on April 2 with15,000 cases.
Banner photo by Michael Varcas/Philippine Star