BrandedUp in partnership with
Keeping your home cool during the summer season can mean higher energy bills. But with a few small changes to your home and your habits, you can beat the heat as you conserve energy and save on your electric bills.
Wilcon Home Depot, the country’s leading home improvement and construction supplies retailer, shares these cooling tips.
- Use your blinds or curtains. Block the sun’s rays with blinds or curtains. Using the Safdie Harlequin Black Out Curtain can help you keep your home’s temperature lower in the summer.
- Make little renovations. If budget permits, redesign your home. Start by choosing a floor tile that is cool to the eye. To create the illusion of space, opt for an L-shaped sofa and match it with pastel-colored throw pillows. Lighting is also a powerful tool as its levels make us perceive heat and make us feel warmer.
- Keep the air in your home clean and fresh. Indoor air quality is important. The Kaze Eakon Series 2 hp split-type aircon inverter not only improves air quality and cools your home but also helps you save on electricity bills with its Ultra-high Efficiency DC Inverter Compressor. It also comes with low sound technology to reduce the noise level, a wide-bore air outlet that gives three-dimensional air supply, and a high-quality fine filter that keeps dust away.
- Install a ceiling fan. Ceiling fans help circulate the air in your home. The Kaze Tenjo Series Kaze ceiling fan not only makes the room cooler—it also adds a touch of elegance to any room.
- Invest in portable fans. If you don't have a ceiling fan, a Kaze Kabe Series 18" industrial stand fan can do the trick. Place it in front of an open window to blow the cool air into your home. You may move it from room to room to improve airflow. The fan also removes pollutants, air contaminants, and smoke. It also reduces offensive odors in the environment.
- Use the grill instead of the oven. Using an oven raises the temperature in your home. Instead, use the Suncrust Burner Gas BBQ Grill to keep the heat outside and the temperature inside your home down.
- Use energy-efficient light bulbs. An energy-efficient light bulb reduces the amount of energy needed to light up the room. Check out the Alphalux Led Ceiling Slim Light, which is available at Wilcon Depot.
These simple strategies will help you beat the heat and save energy.
Wilcon Depot has a wide selection of tiles, sanitarywares, plumbing, furniture, home interiors, building materials, hardware, electrical, appliances, and other DIY items.
You may shop at any Wilcon Depot and Wilcon Home Essentials store nationwide or shop online at Wilcon Online Store at shop.wilcon.com.ph.
* * *
Editor’s Note: This article was provided by Wilcon Depot.