Style Living Self Celebrity Geeky News and Views
In the Paper Shop Hello! Create with us

Sarah Jessica Parker and fellow 'Sex and the City' stars break silence on Chris Noth sexual allegations

By SAAB LARIOSA Published Dec 21, 2021 1:55 pm

Sex and the City  leading stars Sarah Jessica Parker, Cynthia Nixon, and Kristin David have spoken out about the recent rape allegations surrounding co-star Chris Noth.

On an Instagram Story posted by Parker on Dec. 21, the three shared their joint statement in support of the two women who have come forward.

"We are deeply saddened to hear the allegations against Chris Noth. We support the women who have come forward and shared their painful experiences. We know it must be a very difficult thing to do and we commend them for it," their statement reads.

Noth recently appeared in the Sex and the City reboot titled And Just Like That... but he will not be reprising his role after his character died of a heart attack in the first episode.

Noth was also dropped from the CBS series The Equalizer after the allegations arose on Dec. 16 via The Hollywood Reporter.

The actor had also spoken out on the issue and told AFP that his encounters with the women in 2004 and 2015 were "consensual."

"The accusations against me made by individuals I met years, even decades, ago are categorically false," the 67-year-old said. "These stories could've been from 30 years ago or 30 days ago. No always means no -- that is a line I did not cross."

Noth added that it was "difficult not to question the timing of these stories coming out" and "I don't know for certain why they are surfacing now, but I do know this: I did not assault these women."

Meanwhile, the two women told The Hollywood Reporter that renewed publicity surrounding Noth amid the Sex and the City sequel had been "triggering" and had led them to come forward.