Getting attached to the characters on the Netflix series Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha?
Only the first half of the series has been released but we've already gotten a lot of life lessons from it—from the stories of the main leads to the stories of people in the community that surround them.
Here are 5 most remarkable pearls of wisdom about life from the two lead characters, Hong Du-Sik/Mr. Hong (Kim Seon-Ho) and Dr. Yoon Hye-Jin (Shin Min-Ah).
- “Life isn’t so fair for all of us. Some spend their whole lives on unpaved roads, while some run at full speed only to reach the edge of a cliff.” —Hong Du-Sik/Mr. Hong
Each of us has a different timeline in life. We have different struggles and circumstances. Hong Du-Sik or Mr. Hong reminds us that just because we have not experienced what others are going through doesn’t mean their feelings are not valid. We must always open our minds to understand others.
- “If you can’t pick up spilled milk, you should at least apologize to them for spilling the milk, rather than avoiding them.” —Hong Du-Sik/Mr. Hong
It is true that sometimes we tend to escape from the mistakes we commit towards other people. Mr. Hong makes Dr. Yoon Hye-Jin realize that there is nothing wrong in admitting a mistake and saying sorry. It’s the least we can do to correct our mistakes.
- “Do you know what it means to be a good parent? It’s staying healthy for a long time. They shouldn’t endure pain to save money for their children. They should take care of themselves. Do you get it?” – Dr. Yoon Hye-Jin
This quote opens our hearts and minds. We always see sacrifices as the best thing a person can do—without thinking of the effects on the people who will be left behind.
- “Money and success aren’t the only valuable things in life. Happiness, self-contentment, world peace, love… Anyway, life isn’t a mathematical situation. It doesn’t have a clear answer. There’s no right answer either. You’re just given a problem and it’s up to you how you solve it.” —Hong Du-Sik/Mr. Hong
Hong Du-Sik or Mr. Hong compares the truth about life to mathematics. Indeed, there is no right or wrong in life. It is our own life—hence, it is in our hands how we will handle it and live it. We are also responsible for all the decisions we make.
- “You’re bound to meet unexpected situations in life. Even if you use an umbrella, you’ll end up getting drenched. Just put your hands up and welcome the rain.” —Hong Du-Sik/Mr. Hong
Seeing the bottle of glass half full will save us from devastation. Life problems are no joke, but sometimes, we can let ourselves appreciate the negativities and circumstances coming to our lives because through this, we can open our hearts and minds to grasp the lessons from those problems and see the beauty of life at the same time.
As per Soompi, TvN’s hit drama Hometown Cha-Cha-Chas’s latest episode (8th episode) earned a nationwide average of 9.1 percent.
There’s enough good things about Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha, including the seashore scenery and the chemistry between the show’s leads.
Even though the series is a slow-paced Korean drama, people are getting obsessed over life in the seaside village of Gongjin.
Banner and thumbnail photo by Netflix