A GMA-7 executive has confirmed that the Kapuso Network is indeed in talks with long-time ABS-CBN talents Bea Alonzo and John Lloyd Cruz.
In an interview with The Philippine Star, GMA Network board director Annette Gozon-Valdes confirmed reports that John Lloyd Cruz will be seen on GMA-7 at the TV special "6.6 Shopee Super Mega Fiesta TV" airing on Sunday.
Gozon-Valdes also said that there are indeed plans for John Lloyd to star in a sitcom that will air on GMA-7. The show, as previously reported, will be co-produced by TV host Willie Revillame’s Will Productions.
However, the project is still in the “early stages of development.”
“I know that they’re brainstorming and super excited na sila so baka maging totoo na yun,” she said.
This means that reports saying John Lloyd will be paired with Andrea Torres is not yet confirmed. The pairing, if it does happen, will be interesting, to say the least; Andrea is actor Derek Ramsay’s ex-boyfriend. Derek is currently engaged to actress Ellen Adarna, the ex-girlfriend of John Lloyd.
The GMA-7 executive also confirmed that they are in talks with Bea. “Let’s see kasi di ba we have a movie with her to be co-produced with Viva and APT, siya at si Alden Richards,” she said.
It has been announced that Bea and Alden will work on a movie together, although production for the film reportedly hasn't started yet.
In any case, Gozon-Valdes said John Llloyd is welcome in the Kapuso Network. In fact, she revealed that the network tried to sign up John Lloyd some 20 years. “Gusto niya talaga. He’s very vocal to everyone in the network na we’re interested in John Lloyd and dati naman nung mga 20 years ago, gusto na niya eh and so ngayon gusto pa rin niya.”
Bea and John Lloyd, perennial onscreen partners, are former ABS-CBN contract stars. Bea left ABS-CBN’s talent arm Star Magic last year; John Lloyd recently announced his return to showbiz following a years-long hiatus.
Meanwhile, according to reports, Bea and John Lloyd aren’t the only top ABS-CBN talents to work with GMA-7.
Pilipino Star Ngayon’s Salve Asis wrote that Piolo Pascual is also going to sign a contract with Willie Revillame’s production company.
Asis wrote that the deal is being negotiated by former Star Magic head Johnny Manahan and director Bobot Mortiz, whom Piolo worked with in the defunct TV5 Sunday noontime show Sunday Noontime Live.
Banner photo from Instagram/John Lloyd Cruz; file photo