Style Living Self Celebrity Geeky News and Views
In the Paper BrandedUp Hello! Create with us

'I ate my left AirPod': Woman swallows earbud after mistaking it for a pill

By AYIE LICSI Published Nov 22, 2021 2:31 pm

A panicked Carli Bellmer took to TikTok to share an odd dilemma: she swallowed an AirPod after mistaking it for a painkiller tablet.

"So like, I ate my f**king left AirPod," the visibly upset TikToker told her followers. "I was crawling into bed and I had an ibuprofen 800 in one hand and my f**king AirPod—my left earbud—in the other."

Bellmer mindlessly popped in what she thought was the pill and tried puking it up when she realized she swallowed the wrong thing.

@iamcarliiib

For ✨educational✨ purposes heres what happened when I mixed up my ##airpod and an ibuprofen. Here to share awareness ##LevisMusicProject ##fyp

♬ Oh No - Kreepa

She tried the "Find my AirPod" feature on her phone and faintly heard the ringing sound from her stomach.

The 27-year-old couldn't upchuck the earbud and had an x-ray to confirm that no damage had been done to her insides. It also revealed that she had already passed the piece of tech—she didn't try getting it back, though.

While the AirPod was in Bellmer's system, she was able to record a voice memo capturing audio from her stomach.

@iamcarliiib

Reply to @k4yb3e here’s the VOICE MEMO sent to @jelb0_

♬ original sound - Carli B

Her TikTok comments section was flooded with people asking her how she could mix up an earbud with a painkiller. While there were others that defended her, Bellmer also showed how big the Ibuprofen 800 tablet was in comparison to the AirPod.

@iamcarliiib

Reply to @mel_grace S/O to the peeps who knew the difference in size between OTC ibuprofen and an ib 800 ##ROMWEnextgen ##fyp ##airpod

♬ SAD GIRLZ LUV MONEY Remix (feat. Kali Uchis and Moliy) - Amaarae & Kali Uchis

As of writing, Bellmer's TikTok has over 2.8 million views.

This wasn't the first time an AirPod was ingested. A man in Massachusetts and a seven-year-old boy from Georgia took a trip to the emergency room after swallowing an earbud.